Diabetes is one of the most common and expensive chronic conditions in the United States. In fact, according to the American Diabetes Association, diabetes is the most expensive chronic condition in the country, accounting for about 25% of US healthcare costs. Costs of providing care for members with diabetes can be as much as four times higher than claims for members without diabetes.
Needless to say, effectively addressing diabetes is an important way to manage the cost of providing health care coverage for a group. It’s one of the best investments one can make for holding down plan costs while taking good care of members.
In this webinar, Certified Diabetes Educator Monica Schwindt and Senior Client Manager Chris Tamez will share HealthSmart’s comprehensive approach to reducing the impact of diabetes on health plan populations.
• Gain a clear understanding of the prevalence of diabetes in working-age populations and the health claim costs associated with the progression of the disease
• See the progression of diabetes, the escalating incremental costs associated with each step, and potential complications which can lead to costly treatments, such as kidney transplant or dialysis
• Understand the importance of member education and proactive case management and the significant impact these programs have in effectively slowing or halting the progression of diabetes
• Discover how an approach to care management that incorporates an integrated view of medical utilization and pharmacy, leveraging artificial intelligence and clinical judgement can provide a significant Return on Investment for plan sponsors
• Learn how HealthSmart’s Care Management services support members at any stage throughout the progression of the disease and see examples of the cost savings plan sponsors can expect by utilizing these programs